10/30/2012

Just days away to the craft fair!

I can't believe that November 3rd is fast upon us!  Where did all of my craft time go?  What is the significance of November 3rd?  Besides my Father in law's birthday (may he rest in peace) and my oldest grandson's birthday, it is the day of the craft fair!

My time to craft has been limited the last week as I had a 6 day business trip to Indianapolis.  Hopefully, I'm now smarter or more aware of things than before I left.  Only time will tell.

Here are a few more cards that I was able to finish.

This is another birthday card.  Duh...I think the first clue was "happy Birthday" in the lower right corner.  ha ha ha..
Anyway, I used some toulle on the card under the flower.  I also embossed some vellum with one of the embossing folders.  

Get well cards was the theme I was working on.  I realized I only had 2 left when I went looking through my stash.
For this card, I used washi tape.  LOVE IT!  Washi tape is so easy to use. 
I have struggled finding washi tape here in SC, but on my recent trip to Chicago I stopped into an Archiver's store.  That was my first trip to one and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the selection!  I loved all of the stamps, tools, papers and embellishments that had.
Archiver's will definitely be a destination place for every trip we take to Chicago!  yeah!

This cute little stamp I won in a blog contest.  It's bad manners, I know, but for the life of me I can't remember whose blog and I can't find my note I wrote.  I think it's called old age. ha ha ha
The sentiment stamp is from My sentiments exactly.  I love love love the font.

This is a basic note card.  I didn't know what kind of card to make this.  I adore the Tim Holtz sentiment.  I did a bunch of distressing with inks.

A fun thinking of you card.  The the "lavender" base is a regular 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch piece of cardstock.  The fun part is in the fold.  The cream colored paper is stamped on 1/2 of the paper on the diagonal.  Then it is all folded and adhered to the card base.  The  cream colored portion is all that opens.  (Sorry, but I couldn't get a good picture of the card in action).
Are you interested in making one like this?  Here are the basic details.
supplies:
  • 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base
  • 8 x 8 inch neutral cardstock to stamp on
  • 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 inch neutral cardstock
  • 2 1/2 x 3 inch contrasting cardstock
  • Stamps of your choice, background and sentiment
  • ribbon
First:  Stamp a sentiment on the lower portion of the card base.  Then, fold the 8 x 8 inch sheet of cardstock in half on the diagonal from right lower corner to left upper corner.  It should look like 2 triangles.  Then stamp a background on the left triangle.  Once dry, with the image still visible to you,  fold the cardstock in 1/2 up & down and side to side. 
To fold this card, with the stamped background visible to you and on the left, push the right upper and left lower corners to the center.  They should go easily.  Next, take the right hand lower corner and fold it on the diagonal back on itself.  You should see the background image again
When folded it should create a 4 x 4 inch section with no stamping.  This is where you will put your inside sentiments.  Adhere this section to the card base.
Next:  stamp a focal point on the neutral cardstock and adhere to the contrasting cardstock.  Wrap ribbon around it and tie.  Adhere the focal piece to the left triangle of the card.
To open, pull the left upper corner and it should open easily and reveal the message inside.


Do you visit Pinterest?  Isn't that site addictive?  I found a lovely card there that I wanted to mimic.  StampinMathilda did a beautiful job and I loved the vellum flowers.  I searched all of my stamps for something similar and couldn't come up with anything that resembled an outline of a flower.  I decided to make my own.  I first drew my image on a piece of sticky note and the placed a 2 x 2 inch piece of vellum over the image I drew.  I then traced it with the versamark marker.  I tried using both tips, but both were pretty wide.  Anyway, I embossed it with white embossing powder then cut it out.
All in all, I like how it came out and think I will do it again, but use a different color combination.  Be sure to check out the inspiration piece at StampinMathilda

More pinterest inspiration.  Original creation found here:   http://wheremmsgather.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-04-09T15:31:00-04:00&max-results=7&reverse-paginate=true

This is another card that I gathered inspiration from Pinterest.  You can find the original card here:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1001302?&cat=3228

 Clare Daly was my inspiration for this piece.  You can find lots of great ideas on her site here:  http://clairedaly.typepad.com/

That is all that I have for today.  Come back in a couple of weeks and I will give you an update of the craft fair.

Thanks for stopping by.


Have a blessed day!

All comments or critiques are welcomed and read with enthusiasm.

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Follow Me on Pinterest

Grandma and Family

Grandma and Family
Grandma and Family